SAUSAGE, EGG AND CHEESE BREAKFAST SANDWICH
This is no wimpy fast food MacBurger Breakfast Sandwich here. Check out this easy to grill BBQ Pit Boys style Sausage, Egg and Cheese English Muffin recipe.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
• Link Sausage – 8 sausages Cut into ½ inch slices; use your favorite; polish, Italian, kielbasa etc.
• Eggs – 2 or 3 or as many as you want
• Bell Pepper – 1 chopped
• Onion – ½ chopped
• Garlic – 1 clove minced
• English style muffins
• Cooking oil
• Cheddar Cheese – 1 cup shredded you can use more or less to taste or your favorite cheese
• Black iron skillet
1. Set up your grill for indirect heat (hot coals on one side of the grill and no coals on the other side of the grill)
2. Place your skillet directly over the hot coals
3. Coat the skillet with cooking oil.
4. Add the following ingredients to the Skillet to sauté
Onion – ½ chopped
Bell Pepper – chopped
Garlic – 1 clove minced
5. Sauté the veggies until el dente.
6. Add the sausage slices to the skillet. Pressing them down to make contact with the skillet so they will brown.
7. Crack 2 or 3 eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork
8. After sausages are brown, pour the scrambled eggs into the skillet over the sausage and veggies.
9. Salt and Pepper the egg/sausage mixture to taste
10. When eggs are cooked top the mixture with shredded cheese and cover the grill with the lid to let it melt
11. Split the English muffins and butter the slices
12. Place English muffin slices on the grill to toast
14. When muffins are toasted pull them off the grill
15. Top a slice of muffin with the sausage, egg, veggie and cheese mixture
16. Top with another English muffin slice
17. Serve and Enjoy!