SEARED EYE ROUND ROAST BEEF
Forget the Rib Roast! Serve up this real tender and moist Roast Beef right from the grill. Try this Eye Round beef recipe, using these simple tips by the BBQ Pit Boys.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- 4-7lb. Eye Round Roast
- Large Onion
- Olive Oil
- Beef Rub
- Beer, Apple, Grape Juice, or Water
1. This is about a 6lb. roast. Prepare the meat as shown.
2. Sprinkle on your favorite Rub.
3. Coat with some olive oil.
4. Sear over high heat on all sides for a minute or two.
5. Put roast in a shallow and grated roasting pan, and then place opposite the hot coals in your 400f-500f covered grill.
6. Add some beer, or apple juice, grape juice, or water to cover the bottom of the pan, but well below the roast.
7. Add a sliced onion.
8. Cover grill and roast for about 45 minutes (7 minutes per pound).
9. Remove cover to quickly lower the temperature of the grill to about 225-250f.
10. Cover again and cook “low and slow” for about 2-3 hours or until the internal temperature of the roast reaches your desired “doneness” -Rare, Medium Rare, or Well.
11. Remove, and let the Roast rest for about 20-30 minutes before slicing.
12. Serve with grill roasted potatoes veggies, and your favorite beef or steak dipping sauce.