Smoky Fried Spare Ribs
If you like smoked ribs you’re gonna love these bite size , bone in, smoky fried spare ribs using this simple but amazing recipe as shown here by the BBQ Pit Boys.
More information about our new Santa Maria grill: https://bbqpitboys.com/santamariagrill
For this Smoky Fried Spare Ribs recipe you need the following ingredients:
St Louis cut spare ribs
Lemon grass or wood chips for smoke
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 cup cornstarch
• 2 to 5 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus
• 2 teaspoons onion powder
• more to taste
• 1 3/4 cups cold water
• Egg white
• 6 gloves Garlic
• 3 teaspoon White pepper
• 2 teaspoons Salt
• 1/3 teaspoon Baking soda
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
• 3/4 cup White vinegar
• 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
• 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
• 1 cup Ketchup
• 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
• 3 Tablespoons Brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1. First wrap some lemon grass into an aluminum foil pouch with some holes poked in the foil to let the smoke out. place the ribs onto the grill indirect with the pouch directly over the coals. Cover and smoke for about 15 mins.
2. Dice the garlic cloves and mix together with the egg white, salt, white pepper, fresh minced ginger and baking soda.
3. Slice the ribs up in between each bone and mix the ingredients well. Set aside in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
4. Once ready add to the batter mix and deep fry at 350°F [177°C] until the batter is browned and add the sauce.