St. Louis Beer Can Ribs
Vegetarians avert your gaze. If you’re looking for a rib recipe to blow your mind, look no further, for you have found the holy grail. These St. Louis Beer Can Ribs are packed to the eyeballs with goodness, and a few blueberries on the side.
More information about our new Santa Maria grill: https://bbqpitboys.com/santamariagrill
For this St. Louis Beer Can Ribs recipe you need the following ingredients:
• Maple Syrup
• Home-Made Smoked Bacon / Smoked Bacon
• St. Louis Cut Ribs/ Spare Ribs
• Garlic Cloves
• Blue Berries
• Salt and Pepper
• Onion Powder
• Chili Powder
• Chili Flakes
• BBQ Sauce
• Empty Beer Cans
• Butcher Strips / Thread
• Shredded Cheese
1. Blend all the dry spices together and you now have a rub. Apply the rub generously over the ribs.
Roll the ribs around an empty beer can and tie it as shown in the video.
2. Chop some garlic, cut the bacon into small pieces.
Put them into a large jar containing some maple syrup.
Now add chipotle, adobo sauce, fresh blueberries, molasses, some BBQ sauce.
Pour this mix/blend into the beer can as shown in the video.
Medium Heat 250-275°F [121-135°C]
Total cooking time 3 hours or more.
1. Place the rolled ribs over indirect heat and close the lid. Top up the beer can with the mix/blend.
After about 2 hours or so, add a scoop of butter over top of the beer can mix.
2. Bake some potatoes on the grill as the ribs are cooking.
3. Remove the ribs when almost done. Let it sit for a few minutes and remove the ribs gently from the beer can.
Now place a large portion of baked potato in middle of the ribs and place them back on the grill for a few minutes.
Drizzle some fruit blend over the ribs and a good amount of shredded cheese.
4. Remove the ribs and place them over an aluminium foil.
Fold and put them back over the heat for a few more minutes.
Remove and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
Enjoy your delicious ST. LOUIS BEER CAN RIBS