STANDING ST. LOUIS SPARE RIBS
Saint Louis Standing Style BBQ Spare Ribs recipe for the grill. Watch the BBQ Pit Boys barbeque “low and slow” 12lbs of some great tasting pork ribs on a standard size grill.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- 8-12lbs Pork “Spare” Ribs
- Pork Spices
- Barbecue Sauce
- Bamboo Wood Skewers
- Wood chunks for added smoke (optional)
1. Use Indirect heating, charcoal on one side.
2. Preheat your grill to 225-250f.
3. Wash and dry ribs. Then trim St Louis Style as shown
4. Apply seasoning to both sides of the slabs. .
5. Place in a grated pan on the grill, opposite the coals.
6. Add Broth or choice of liquid to pan
7. BBQ at 225-250f with closed grill lid for 3-4 hours.
8. Baste the ribs several times during the Q.
9. Mop with BBQ Sauce during the last hour.
10. To keep from over cooking, remove the racks when they pull apart easily, with meat still attached to the bone.
11. Serve with your favorite barbecue sauce.