STEAK AND BEER SOUP
On a cold day, nothing satisfies the soul better than a hot bowl of steak and beer soup. So for your next soup line, be sure to make up a big batch!
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Beef Steak – 4-5 lbs. (inexpensive steak will work)
- Bacon – ¼ lb.
- Beef Stock – 8 cups
- Beer – 2 – 12 oz. bottles
- Zucchini Squash – 1 sliced
- Garlic Cloves – 2-3 chopped
- Onions – 2 chopped
- Carrots – 2-3 peeled and sliced
- Celery Stalks – 2 sliced
- Mushrooms – 12 oz. sliced
- Dry Oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Olive Oil – 2-3 Tablespoons
- Kidney Beans – 2-15 oz. cans
- Kosher Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper – to taste
1. Bring grill temperature up to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice zucchini, mushrooms, carrots, and celery. Chop garlic, onions, and three slices of bacon.
3. Salt and pepper each side of the steaks and seer for 1-3 minutes per side directly over hot coals and set aside.
4. Place large dutch oven or stock pot directly over hot coals.
5. Pour olive oil in pot to heat up.
6. Add bacon, garlic, onion, carrots, and celery. Cook till soft, stir occasionally.
7. Cube steaks into bite size pieces and add to pot.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste; add oregano.
9. Pour in both bottles of beer (Choose good ale or pilsner) and beef stock.
10. Mix well and place lid on grill
11. Bring soup up to a slow simmer; approximately 2 hours.
12. After one hour remove grill lid and stir soup.
13. Replace lid and cook for another hour.
14. Remove lid and add in kidney beans, zucchini, and mushrooms.
15. Bring soup back up to a simmer and slow simmer 15-20 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
16. Taste soup and add salt or pepper to taste.
17. Ladle soup into large bowls.
18. Serve with garlic bread or oyster crackers.
19. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!