STUFFED BBQ SAUSAGES AND PORK ROAST
The BBQ Pit Boys grill up some stuffed Sausages and a Pork Roast stuffed with Sausages
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Sausage Links – 6 – fresh in the casing
- Sausage Links – 18-24 – frozen, heat and serve style (pre-cooked)
- Pork loin roast – 5-6 lbs., boneless
- Green Bell Pepper – 1
- Yellow Bell Pepper – 1
- Red Bell Pepper – 1
- Onions – 1
- Bacon – 1 lb. regular cut pork belly style
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2-3 Tablespoons
- SPG – to taste
- Good Quality Bread – French loaf or Baguette
- Bring grill temperature up to 275-325 degrees Fahrenheit.
FOR SAUSAGE SAUSAGE’S:
1. Cut fresh sausage, in natural casing, into 6”- 8” links. (You can substitute un-frozen packaged sausage links)
2. Insert one frozen sausage link into each end of fresh sausage links. Make sure the heat and serve sausage is frozen solid.
3. Continue until all fresh sausage has been stuffed with frozen links.
4. Wrap a few of the sausage links with bacon, single layer.
5. Place on grill opposite hot coals for indirect cooking.
6. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Rotate for even cooking. Cover and cook another 30-45 minutes.
7. After 30-45 minutes check temperature with an instant read thermometer. Internal temperature should be 160-165 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Remove from grill.
FOR PORK ROAST:
9. Take a knife and notch four to six holes on each end of pork roast.
10. Insert a frozen sausage link into each hole. Make sure it fits all the way in.
11. Take SPG and season roast.
12. Place on grill opposite hot coals for indirect cooking.
13. Cook until roast reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
14. Pull from grill and let rest 20 minutes.
FOR SAUTÉED VEGGIES: (COMPLETE WHILE SAUSAGES ARE COOKING)
15. Heat iron skillet with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
16. Clean and slice peppers into strips.
17. Cut onion into ¼” rings.
18. Place peppers and onion in skillet and sauté until onions are translucent.
19. Remove from heat and set aside.
20. Take bread or bun and remove part of breading inside to form a pocket for sausage.
21. Place sausage sausages on bun, top with onions and peppers, or use your favorite condiments.
22. Slice roast into ½” slices.
23. Serve sausage sausages with your favorite sides.
24. Serve roast with potatoes, vegetables, or stuffing.
25. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!