This open fire, slow simmered, game meat recipe is easy to do, and will surely become one of your favorite meat stews. Kick back, relax and watch the BBQ Pit Boys put it all together.
This BBQ Pit Boys Venison Stew recipe is a favorite on the open fire. Substitute beef, pork, rabbit, squirrel for this classic, easy to do game recipe….
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- 2-4lbs. Venison (or Rabbit, Squirrel, Beef, Pork..)
- 1-2lbs. Hot Sausage
- Large Onions
- Bell Pepper
- Flour for browning meat
- Salt, Pepper & Garlic Rub
- 2 Qts. Beef Stock, Beer, or water
1. Rub bacon on any meat bones, add spices, and then sear the meat bones over an open fire as shown.
2. Now cut up, flour, and then brown the meat and 1 onion in a black iron pan with bacon over the hot coals.
3. When browned, add beef stock and some beer to cover the meat.
4. Cover the pot and then slow simmer the meat until tender. (Venison and other game meats may require several hours to tenderize.)
5. Add stock beer as necessary.
6. Now cut up the vegetables, sausages, and add to the pan as shown.
7. Cover with more beef stock and beer.
8. Simmer in a covered pot an additional hour or more, or until the vegetables are fork tender.
9. Serve with fresh bread.