Lame on frozen? Check out this fresh Wild Turkey recipe
Fresh grilled Wild Turkey is on the menu at the Pit. Watch the BBQ Pit Boys hunt, prepare and cook turkey on the grill. And it’s real easy to do as shown by the BBQ Pit Boys
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Wild Turkey Breasts – 2
- Wild Turkey Legs Quarters – 2
- BBQ Sauce – favorite style
- Olive Oil – 3 Tablespoons
- Butter – ½ stick
- Brown Sugar – ½ cup
- Apples – McIntosh type
- Chipotle Seasoning – to taste (use your favorite seasoning)
PREPARE GRILLED TURKEY AND SAUCE:
1. Bring grill temperature up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Place charcoal to the side for indirect cooking.
2. Clean turkey – wash the breast and leg quarters with water, pat dry.
3. Coat the legs with bbq sauce and place on grill opposite hot coals for indirect cooking. Place lid on grill.
4. Coat each turkey breast with olive oil.
5. Apply the chipotle rub or your favorite seasonings to each turkey breast.
1. Place the turkey breasts on the grill opposite hot coals.
2. Cover grill and cook leg quarters and breasts for 10-15 minutes.
3. Remove lid and turn legs and apply another layer of bbq sauce.
4. Turn the turkey breasts and apply 2-3 pats of butter, brown sugar, and thin sliced apples to each breast.
5. Apply more brown sugar on top of apples.
6. Cover grill and cook another 15 minutes or until an internal temperature of the leg quarter is 170 degrees Fahrenheit and an internal breast temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Use an instant read thermometer to check internal temperature.
1. Remove from grill and place on a plate.
1. Serve with stuffing, grill corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and rolls.
2. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!