Fresh grilled Pheasant is on the menu at the Pit. A fall season favorite, Apple Maple Pheasant. And it’s real easy to do!
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Wild Pheasant Breasts – 2-4
- Wild Pheasant Leg Quarters – 2-4
- Real Maple Syrup – 1 ½ cups
- Apple Sauce – 1-2 cups
- SPG – to taste
1. Bring grill temperature up to 275-300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Clean pheasant and separate leg quarters and breasts.
3. Rinse well with water.
4. Apply maple syrup to each leg quarter and breast.
5. Coat with a generous amount of SPG.
1. Place leg quarters and breasts directly over hot coals.
2. Cover grill, flip pheasant often.
3. When leg quarters and breasts reach an internal temperature of 155-160 degrees Fahrenheit, turn one more time and apply a coating of apple sauce.
4. Cover grill and cook long enough for the apple sauce to heat up.
1. Remove pheasant from grill and put on a cutting board. Let rest 5-8 minutes.
1. Serve with mashed potatoes, green beans, or stuffing.
2. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!!